Prevention Policy and Protocol
Changes and Cancellations
- Additional fees for dogs: $75 (per dog)
- Cleaning fees: amount varies depending on the type of cabin
- You must be at least 18 years of age to rent a BESIDE cabin. An adult must be present at all times during the stay.
- Any noise that might disturb the peace of passersby and the neighbourhood must be kept to a minimum. In order to keep the site quiet, loud noises and devices are prohibited from 9 p.m. to 8 a.m. (weekdays) and from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m. (weekends and holidays).
- No pets are allowed on site, except for dogs, and only under the following conditions:
- Notify us when you book your cabin.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash and supervised.
- All waste must be picked up immediately.
- You are not permitted to set up a camper, tent-trailer, RV, or tent anywhere on the site, including BESIDE’s private land. Camping is not permitted. However, in exceptional circumstances the latter shall take precedence.
- The cabin maximum occupancy numbers must be respected at all times, otherwise penalty fees may be incurred.
- The following are prohibited across the entire site:
- Camping (with exceptions)
- Shooting a rifle or shotgun
- Cutting down trees
- Fires outside the designated areas
- Fireworks and pyrotechnics
- Recreational vehicles
- Drones and remote-controlled aircraft (with exceptions)
- Swimming and use of watercraft near the lakes are permitted, but please note that BESIDE does not provide supervision. Therefore, we are not responsible for any injuries or accidents that may occur during the activity.
- Personal watercraft are not permitted on any water features. Only BESIDE's rental watercraft are permitted on Lake McGuire and Lake Charlevoix.
- The trails are reserved for walking, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, and biking. Use of motorized vehicles is reserved for the BESIDE team for site maintenance and transportation (people, objects, and equipment).
- The speed limit on all roads is 30 km/h.
- Cars may only be parked in designated areas within the housing area.
- BESIDE is not responsible for lost or stolen objects.
- All site users must respect the principle of LEAVE NO TRACE during their outings. The goal is to preserve the natural areas so that everyone can continue to enjoy them.
- All occupants must dispose of their garbage in the outside bins or any other designated area.
- The cabin must be left as it was when renters arrived.
- Clean dishes or place them in dishwasher (turn it on before leaving)
- Return furniture to the right place
- Empty the refrigerator
- Used beds may be left unmade
- The Bluetooth speaker must be left inside
- Smoking is not permitted inside the cabins and is subject to a $500 penalty fee. Also, no cigarette butts may be left on site.
- All missing items will be billed to the renters. In the event of broken or defective equipment during your stay, you must notify us as soon as possible.